Advocacy in Action!
Join us in the capitol city to meet face-to-face with our state legislators and administration!
Every year, the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce and its members go on a two-day trip to Juneau to inform legislators and the administration of our advocacy priorities and concerns.
Recap of the 2019 Juneau Fly-in
The 2019 Juneau Fly-in was a success! Fairbanks had 16 people travel to Juneau to represent the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce, along with three additional supporters who were able to join for some parts of the program.
During the two-day event, participants had the opportunity for 38 meetings with legislators and staff, which is nearly 2/3 of legislature. The Legislative Reception hosted around 70 attendees for legislators, administration representatives, and Juneau staff. Other highlights include presentations from:
- Department of Natural Resources: Deputy Commissioner Brent Goodrum
- Department of Commerce, Community & Economic Development
- Director, Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing Sara Chambers
- Commissioner’s senior advisor, Fred Parady
- Division of Economic Development Director Matthew Fagnani
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Commissioner Jason Brune
- Director of Air Quality Alice Edwards
We hope you can join us next year for this annual advocacy event!