Learn how to read and understand financial statements. Understand how they apply to your business situation and what the various parts of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement mean. Learn how you can use your financial statement to make your business more profitable and save you money!!
• Finance/Accounting terminology
• Why your Balance Sheet is so important
• The relationship between The Balance Sheet & Income Statement
• Cash & accrual methods of accounting
• Taxes and your Income Statement
We encourage participation by all attendees. Asking questions and sharing business experiences adds to the educational value you will receive. Get to meet other entrepreneurs and establish networks. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. We want all to be completely satisfied.
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructors and the program:
• Instructor gave real world examples and was very responsive to questions.
• The instructor answered questions by applying the financial principles to our specific businesses.
• The instructor was excellent – very encouraging and provided a lot of great examples.
• I will be able to incorporate the workshop info into my real-life opportunity.
• Really finally learning the differences between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
• I loved this workshop – the instructor made everything interesting.
• Great to learn how to do a breakeven analysis and the other financial statements.
This workshop is presented by SCORE Business Mentor Jack Stiegler. Jack has been volunteering for SCORE for over 20 years and during that time has helped hundreds of people start and operate their small businesses. He was an officer at a Fortune 500 company working in administration, accounting and information technology. Concurrently, he was a partner in a commercial landscape maintenance company. He has been an adjunct professor of business in the graduate school at City University. Jack has served on the board of directors of many for profit and nonprofit companies. He has an MBA from Xavier University in Ohio.