APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE FAIRBANKS CHAMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2019
There are 7 seats are open for a three year term, effective Jan 2020 – Dec 2022.
The Board governs the work of the Fairbanks Chamber that includes:
ADVOCACY - We advocate for and work toward the best environment possible for businesses, to survive and thrive in the Greater Fairbanks Area.
PROMOTION - We create awareness that drives economic strength and growth for Interior Alaska.
DEVELOPMENT - We strive to be an informational resource and a networking hub where enterprising people can use and share knowledge.
The Board governs the work of the Fairbanks Chamber that includes
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours/month
Meetings: 12-18 meetings annually (1-2 per month), generally at noon on a Monday
Term: 3 years
1. Participate in the leadership of the Fairbanks Chamber by joining or regularly attending one of our 6 advocacy committees. Consider a leadership role with Fairbanks Chamber including Chair-Elect or Treasurer at some point during your term.
2. Promote the Fairbanks Chamber to others through advocacy, membership, and engagement.
3. Board members are expected to help sell Rubber Duckie Race raffle tickets and attend as many Chamber hosted events as possible including our major events such as Military Appreciation Banquet and smaller events such as Business After Hours and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies.
- Fundraising – sell three books of yellow/pink Rubber Duckie Race tickets each year
- Membership - your business must be a Fairbanks Chamber member
QUESTIONS? Talk to the following:
Rebecca Dean, Board Chair
Tiffany Van Horn, Nominations and Elections Committee Chair
Marisa Sharrah, President & CEO