Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Application
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. We're looking for emerging and established leaders from our community to govern the work of our local Chamber. We have an exceptional reputation for strong and effective advocacy.
Serving on a board of directors can be a rewarding experience. The Fairbanks Chamber is seeking individuals interested in dedicating time and energy toward advancing the mission and goals of our organization. Here are some things you will likely want to know before saying “YES”!
CHAMBER MISSION --
The Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice advocating for community by supporting business prosperity in the Interior.
CHAMBER STRUCTURE --
President/CEO plus 5 staff members
Board of 19 Elected Directors, 4 appointed Directors, and 7 Honorary Directors
Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Elections & Nominations Committee plus 5 advocacy committees including:
• Education & Workforce Development
• Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
• Government Relations
• Military Affairs
• Transportation & Infrastructure
Membership: Your business must be a Fairbanks Chamber member in good standing.
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours/month
Meetings: 18-24 meetings annually
Emails: You can expect to receive 1-2 emails per week.
Term length: 3 years.
1. Attend at least 75% of Board Meetings.
2. Serve on a Chamber committee.
3. Attend at least 1 Weekly Business Presentation each month.
4. Sell 30 pink and 30 yellow Rubber Duckie tickets or make an equivalent financial donation to Golden Days ($450).
5. Commit to at least 4-6 volunteer hours during Golden Days.
6. Attend at least 1 of each of these events per year:
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
Business After-Hours Events
7. Attend at least 3 of the following events per year:
Tanana Chiefs Conference Welcome Reception
Military Appreciation Banquet
Executive Partner Reception
Operation: Standing Together
Your application will be reviewed by the Nomination & Elections Committee prior to their recommendation to the board of directors for approval of the final slate of candidates that will appear on the ballot.
DEADLINE: September 28, 2023 AT 5:00 PM