Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Application
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. We're looking for emerging and established leaders from our community to govern the work of our local Chamber. We have an exceptional reputation for strong and effective advocacy. Your application will be reviewed by the Nomination & Elections Committee prior to their recommendation to the board of directors for approval of the final slate of candidates that will appear on the ballot.
Serving on a board of directors can be a rewarding experience. The Fairbanks Chamber is seeking individuals interested in dedicating time and energy toward advancing the mission and goals of our organization. Here are some things you will likely want to know before saying “YES”!
The Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce represents our members by advocating for a healthy economic environment and by building partnerships that promote the greater Fairbanks area as an attractive place for business and community.
President/CEO plus 5 staff members
Board of 21 Elected Directors, 4 appointed Directors, and 9 Seated Directors
Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Elections & Nominations Committee plus 5 advocacy committees including:
• Education & Workforce Development
• Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
• Government Relations
• Military Affairs
• Transportation & Infrastructure
Board Member Expectations:
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours/month
Meetings: 12-18 meetings annually (1-2 per month), generally at noon on a Monday
Emails: You can expect to receive 1-2 emails per week.
Term: 3 years
1. Participate in the leadership of the Fairbanks Chamber by joining or regularly attending one of our 5 advocacy committees. Consider a leadership role with Fairbanks Chamber including Chair-Elect or Treasurer at some point during your term.
2. Promote the Fairbanks Chamber to others through advocacy, membership, and engagement.
3. Board members are expected to help sell Rubber Duckie Race raffle tickets and attend as many Chamber hosted events as possible including our major events such as Military Appreciation Banquet and smaller events such as Business After Hours and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies.
Fundraising – sell or buy three books of yellow and pink Rubber Duckie Race tickets each year
Membership - your business must be a Fairbanks Chamber member
Application Close Date: Friday, August 14, 2020