Fairbanks Chamber Weekly Business Luncheon: "Adapting to the 2020 Student: How UAF's School of Management is Addressing the Changing Demographics and Needs of Today's Students"
Name: Fairbanks Chamber Weekly Business Luncheon: "Adapting to the 2020 Student: How UAF's School of Management is Addressing the Changing Demographics and Needs of Today's Students"Date: January 21, 2020Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM AKSTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Featuring Amanda White, Director of Applied Management at UAF's School of Management
The collegiate experience today is significantly different than it was just ten years ago. A great deal of innovation has occurred and continues to take place. Over the past decade, higher education has undergone profound transformations.
Amanda White, Director of Applied Management, and the UAF School of Management team will share what is new – and the tried and true – at our award-winning business school.
What you will learn about 2020 higher education:
• A vast expansion in online and hybrid courses, including synchronous as well as asynchronous online classes;
• A heightened emphasis on active, experiential, team-based, and project-based learning;
• The proliferation of such technology tools as classroom response devices, hangouts, new kinds of educational courseware, and a host of interactive simulations;
• New programs are offered to meet student and employer demand including Applied Management, Sports and Recreational Business and Homeland Security & Emergency Management
• Ways YOU can get involved and be part of educating tomorrow’s leaders