- 1-year complimentary membership in the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce
- Artwork featured on the Fairbanks Chamber’s select promotional material
- Promotion through the Fairbanks Chamber channels for your art events at other venues throughout the year
- A tour of the winning piece around to member organizations where it will have the chance to be admired by a variety of patrons
- Annual Meeting Recognition
In addition the Artist of the Year may select from the following list of opportunities:
- 5 min Spotlight, introduction to the membership at a luncheon
- Professional Headshots
- Press Release/Article
- 1 hour free brand/business consulting
- Studio Tour, Membership Monday feature
- Complimentary Midnight Sun Festival Booth
- Complimentary Golden Days Street Fair Booth
- Media highlight/interview
- Presentation to membership
- First Friday showing at the Fairbanks Chamber office downtown
*We will work with the winning artist to develop a monthly schedule of benefits based on the desires of the artist and the availability of Fairbanks Chamber resources.
How to Apply
This contest is open to any artist regardless of whether or not you are a Chamber member. You can apply via the submission form below on or before Friday, November 15, 2019. Your entry will be considered by the Chamber’s appointed committee and up to 5 finalists will be chosen. The Fairbanks Chamber membership will then vote, with each business member given 1 vote. The winner will be announced at the Fairbanks Chamber’s Annual Meeting on December 10, 2019.
- Your piece for submission
- A description of your submission to include the title, medium, and submission's value (for insurance coverage purposes)
- A portfolio containing and additional 3-7 pieces to help our judges understand your body of work.
- 100-200 words describing your presence in the local art community, what goals you hope to accomplish in your career as an artist, and why you would like to be considered for this years’ Artist of the Year.
**The submission piece must be in a medium that can be easily portable, installed on a wall, and constantly viewed (ex. A piece requiring electricity, sound, or the presence of the artist could not be displayed at all times). This does not reflect any opinions on the definition of art or intend to discount any of our many talented local artists. For the implementation of this competition, we need a tangible work. If you work in a 3-dimensional medium you may still submit work, but you will be judged on a 2-dimensional representation, so please be sure photographs of your work are of high quality.
Artist of the Year Pages