ABOUT THE ARTIST OF THE YEAR CONTEST
The contest provides local artists in the Fairbanks/North Pole community the opportunity to be showcased to thousands of Fairbanks residents and tourists...
The winning artwork becomes the image of the Chamber and is featured on marketing materials throughout the year, including, but not limited to, the membership postcard, the Chamber’s website and the Fairbanks and North Pole vicinity map.
Winner is recognized in the Chamber’s eNews and showcased at a special First Friday event.
DISCLAIMER: Winning artwork becomes the sole right of the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce for one year to be used on any of the 2017 Chamber marketing materials. The Chamber reserves the right to crop all artwork. Submissions not chosen will be deleted or can be picked up from the Chamber Office no later than December 19, 2016.
THE 2017 ARTIST OF THE YEAR – CHELSEA ROEHL
At this year’s Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet, Chelsea Roehl was selected as the 2017 Artist of the Year for her piece titled, “Arctic Firelight.” After interning with NBCUniversal this summer, Chelsea, 21, returned to Fairbanks to finish her senior year at UAF and plans on graduating in spring of 2017 with her degree in computer art and graphic design. Her focus is mostly in digital and illustrative work, and she wishes to bring a more modern feel to Alaskan art.
- All entries must be submitted by online form or mail, hand delivered or emailed no later than November 7, 2016.
- Artists must be residents of the Greater Fairbanks area.
- Each art submission must be of the artist’s original creation.
- The artwork must be a painting, a drawing or a picture.
- A variety of products will be printed featuring the winning entry, therefore it is important that the design is adaptable to different formats.
- Artist must submit a signed artist of the year agreement along with the art submission.
- The winning artwork will be selected at the 2016 Annual Awards & Dinner Party on Friday, November 18, 2016