The Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce is proud to offer up one $1,000.00 scholarship to qualified Fairbanks North Star Borough individuals who plan to attend the University of Alaska Fairbanks or UAF Community and Technical College in the spring of 2018.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage traditional and prospective non-traditional students to pursue higher education and future career opportunities in Fairbanks. In support of our local business and educational communities, preference will be given to applicants interested in obtaining a degree in education, business or trade-related fields.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet all stated requirements and must complete and return this application by 5:00 pm on November 10, 2017.
Applicants with questions, should call the Fairbanks Chamber office at (907) 452-1105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your scholarship application must include:
1. A completed copy of this application (Required)
2. Two letters of recommendation (Required)
3. Indication of intent to attend UAF or UAF CTC in the spring of 2018 (Required)
4. Essay: Educational and professional goals (30 points)
5. Essay: Life challenges or goal motivators (30 points)
6. Documents demonstrating academic achievement (Required 2.8 GPA)
7. List of activities participating in while in high school or thereafter (20 points)
8. List of volunteer activities (20 points)