The incumbent will be responsible for the daily operation of an off road haul truck in an active mine environment. All work must be completed in a safe and efficient manner while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Operate an off road haul truck.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner, causing the least wear and/or damage to the equipment and mine property; maintaining the highest level of production possible, hauling material from point A to point B.
- Know the work area and dump locations in the mine. Safety conscious with a basic knowledge of pit policies and procedures.
- Have basic knowledge of mechanical system and demonstrated ability to perform and document a thorough pre-operational inspection to evaluate mechanical condition of the truck.
- Blind spot recognition required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Perform other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Previous off highway heavy equipment or haul truck operation is preferred.
- Previous experience working in an active open pit mine preferred.
- Must be able to operate a 2-way radio, and follow instructions.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills
- Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
- Constantly willing and able to improve skills.
- Must keep accurate records of loads and equipment condition.
- Must understand the functions of the Caterpillar EMS/VIMS panel.
- Be able to operate G.O.I.C., (dispatch system operating panel)
- Must meet the attendance policy as outlined in the RMGC employee site specific guidelines.
- Must be able to read and understand written documentation.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Mine Supervisor.
Career Framework and Level
US work permit required
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.