Consumer Sales and Marketing Associate
The Consumer Sales and Marketing Associate, will drive significant results by focusing on developing strong partnerships with Consumer and Commercial Business partners (such as commercial MDU, MTU, Universities, and military housing) across the Consumer Market. Effort is to drive revenue growth for Alaska Communications, achieving revenue targets for the Consumer Market.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be driven by achieving results and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Support the Mass Market Consumer Sales and Business Development:
- Operate as a Sales and Marketing team member to gain subscriptions for Internet service project in assigned territory.
- Track sales and marketing activity for funnel and quota achievement.
- Field tasks include visiting residential locations communicating the project details to consumers – requiring multiple visits until results are achieved.
- Subtasks required include marketing activities such as, but not limited to: placement door hangers, flyers and event attendance
- Contact the homeowner or renter and offer either pre-build building modification documents or subscription to service when available and answer customer questions.
- Update Marketing and Sales tracker to record activity and provide feedback from the field.
- Work to coordinate events in the neighborhood where the Alaska Communications Marketing Team can brief as many neighbors as possible.
- Customer Centricity - An attitude of, the customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer's interests’ paramount. Able to speak about the customer's Internet challenges and opportunities in a specific manner and if relevant, bringing that information into ACS so that Market trends can be addressed.
- Technology Understanding and Expertise - Big picture view of telecom networks and how Internet Service relates to residential and consumer service technologies. More importantly, understanding the technology trends that are of importance to customers and having the skills to serve as a trusted advisor to customers in the technology space.
- Personal Leadership- Demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of work, lead by example and demonstrate strong personal accountability and ownership.
- Self-Directed / Cross-Functional Focus - Ability to perform in a self-directed manner, reporting to appropriate leader. One who recognizes the importance of the circle of influence in driving organizational accomplishment.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Execution Discipline - Ability to meet commitments - A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and commitments and driving the organization to deliver on such commitments.
- Change Management - Ability to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
High School diploma plus one (1) year experience in sales or customer service. Experience can be substituted with education or training
Preferred: Education or training in sales. marketing, or another related field. One (1) year in the telecommunications industry