Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Position Summary: Load, unload and drive equipment, trucks and tractor-trailer combinations. Requires Class A Commercial Drivers’ License.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods
- Load and unload cargo
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Operate vehicles and equipment of varying sizes and weights, often while towing a trailer with or without cargo
- Pick-up and deliver items in the worksite area
- Inspect returned equipment for need of repairs and/or washing, and communicate/follow through accordingly
- Stage returned equipment for turnaround to be rented
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- Assist with material handling duties
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required for access to DOD properties.
- Valid Class A Alaska commercial driver’s license
- Driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards and DOT regulations
- Experience operating equipment preferred
- Experience in a service environment preferred
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; identifying what needs to be done and following through without instruction
- Able to listen to, read, understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions provided in English
- Able to communicate effectively verbally with management and co-workers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to physically operate light and heavy vehicles and equipment
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for both an office/sales/shop environment and an outdoor environment with or without correction.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Stress Tolerance – accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
LOCATION ESI Fairbanks EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility for occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed MINIMUM AGE 21 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
TO APPLY: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3847445&B_ID=91&fid=1&Adid=0&ssbgcolor=5B5B5B&SearchScreenID=5832&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2