Alaska Waste is seeking a Shop Supervisor to join our hauling operation in Fairbanks, AK.
• Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
• Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
• Coordinates the selling of commodities at the highest price possible.
• Ensure adequate training of mechanics, preventative maintenance mechanics.
• Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
• Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
• Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
• Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
• Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
• Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
• Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
• Communicates regularly with the Region Maintenance Manager.
• Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
• Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
• Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
• Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division, and district objectives.
• Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
• 5+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Waste industry experience desired.
• Ability to train and motivate staff a must.
• Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Trade or Technical School Certificate preferred. High School or Equivalent required.
• Holds or ability to certify for CDL within 90 days of start date.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at our website, www.AlaskaWaste.com/employment.
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)