ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Summary: Diagnose, adjust and/or repair mechanical issues with light and heavy duty equipment and vehicles for a rental division, as well as service for customer equipment.
- Read work orders and/or receive instructions from management to determine work requirements
- Prioritize, manage and track work flow
- Operate, inspect and test vehicles, equipment, systems, mechanisms, and parts
- Adjust, repair and replace damaged or worn components
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine fleet maintenance
- Use hand-tools, precision instruments and power tools
- Work with the service and parts manager to order materials, supplies and equipment
- Meet and track Federal and State DOT compliance requirements
- Drive company vehicles
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- Keep shop clean and orderly
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid local driver’s license required
- Current driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards required
- 3 years of experience as a light and/or heavy duty mechanic, or combined relevant education and experience required
- Diesel mechanic, hydraulics and electronic trouble shooting experience required
- Must be willing and able to provide your own tools
- Welding experience preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including design, use, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programs
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Able to work independently and work in a 2 person shop with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to lift 60 lbs.
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Able to troubleshoot; determine causes of operating errors and decide best course of action
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Able to repair machines or systems using the appropriate tools
- Able to monitor the necessary indicators to ensure equipment is working properly
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use and dexterity of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, laying down, reaching, tugging, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing and descending stairs and ladders; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touch pad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a mechanic shop environment with or without correction.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
LOCATION ESI Anchorage EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility for evenings and/or weekends as needed MINIMUM AGE 21 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. TO APPLY Click on the Apply link, or visit us at 7780 Old Seward Highway Anchorage, AK to complete an application form.