Senior Service Technician
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction, and agriculture industries while distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. Since then, ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is mainly customer-driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sandblasters, parts, and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support, and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Summary: We're seeking an experienced technician to join our growing service department. Must be self-motivated and experienced in tackling diagnostic and repair work on light-duty and heavy-duty diesel equipment, including hydraulics and electrical components.
- Diagnose, adjust, and/or repair mechanical issues with light and heavy-duty equipment
- Read work orders and/or receive instructions from management to determine work requirements.
- Prioritize, manage, and track workflow.
- Operate, inspect, and test vehicles, equipment, systems, mechanisms, and parts.
- Adjust, repair, and replace damaged or worn components
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine fleet maintenance
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, and power tools
- Work with the service and parts manager to order materials, supplies, and equipment
- Meet and track Federal and State DOT compliance requirements
- Drive company vehicles
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property.
- Keep the shop clean and orderly
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Provide own Tools
- Three years of experience as a light and/or heavy-duty mechanic
- Able to troubleshoot
- Perform routine maintenance
- Repair machines or systems using the appropriate tools
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including design, use, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers
- Able to monitor the necessary indicators to ensure equipment is working properly
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use and dexterity of arms and legs and moving your whole body
- Able to lift 90 lbs.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License required
- CDL preferred
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
SCHEDULE: Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility for evenings and/or weekends as needed
WAGE: From $35.00 per hour
MINIMUM AGE: 21
DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY: Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
EOE STATEMENT: Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click APPLY to fill out an application online.