Fabricator / Welder
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Position Summary: Manufacture assorted industrial products from raw steel and aluminum utilizing welding, plasma cutting, press break bending and other industrial tools. Read and understand assembly instructions to ensure that the required parts meet quality control standards.
- Obtain parts and blueprints for product to be manufactured
- Build product to plans and follow specifications
- Weld product according to design
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions
- Lay out, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers
- Examine and inspect workpieces for defects
- Measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade
- Keep workspace neat and clean, and store tools and workpieces in an orderly and accessible manner
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Operate company vehicle and heavy equipment
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to management
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License required
- Driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards required
- 1 year combination of technical education and/or on-the-job training required
- Welding Certification sufficient to meet the welding requirements of this position and for the state employed is required
- Proficient with fabrication machinery such as press break, plasma cutting table, etc.
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Able to operate company vehicles and heavy equipment
- Knowledge of machines and tools common to the welding trade, including their designs, uses repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; identifying what needs to be done and following through without instruction
- Able to listen to, read, understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions provided in English
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management and co-workers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Able to physically operate the tools necessary for the job
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use and dexterity of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing and descending stairs and ladders; to operate equipment and tools requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a shop environment with or without correction.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
LOCATION ESI Fairbanks EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time and/or Part-Time SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility for evenings, weekends and overtime as needed. MINIMUM AGE 21 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
TO APPLY: https://bit.ly/Fairbanks_NowHiring