Electrical Assembly Technician
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Electrical Assembly Technician
Summary: We’re looking for an entry level technician to assemble generators, heaters, pumps and other equipment in ESI’s manufacturing department. This position will be focused on wire harnesses and other electrical components Duties include: building 12 VDC wire harnesses, control panels, generator & engine controllers, 120VAC distribution systems in heaters and generators and other assembly tasks
- Read assembly drawings and/or receive instructions from management to determine work requirements
- Prioritize, manage and track work flow
- Assemble new generators, heaters and other equipment
- Use hand-tools, precision instruments and power tools
- Meet and track Federal and State DOT compliance requirements
- Drive company vehicles
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- Keep shop clean and orderly
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License required
- Minimum 3 years clean driving record required
- some experience as with assembling electrical systems, light and/or heavy duty mechanic, or combined relevant education and experience
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including design, use, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programs
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to lift 90 lbs.
- Basic electrical diagnostic skills
- Familiar with monitoring the necessary indicators to ensure electrical equipment is working properly
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use and dexterity of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, laying down and handling of materials
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
LOCATION ESI Fairbanks EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility for evenings, weekends and overtime as needed. MINIMUM AGE 21 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
TO APPLY: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3833498&B_ID=91&fid=1&Adid=0&ssbgcolor=5B5B5B&SearchScreenID=5832&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2