Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work in our shop in Fairbanks, AK!
This is a full time position with benefits. The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8 hour shifts; occasional evening and weekend work may be required. In addition, trips to Healy, AK may be required.
Starting pay depends on experience.
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all Alaska Waste vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, and component rebuilding of engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment
- Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- 1 year of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required; 3 years preferred. 1 year heavy truck/equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Class B commercial driver’s license preferred
- Must have own tools
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.AlaskaWaste.com/employment. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Alaska Waste is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)