MARKETING SPECIALIST - KTVF
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV/MyNetwork affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award-winning local news, great entertainment, and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news-producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
We're looking for a marketing specialist for our broadcast and suite of digital products – a local business expert that can work with business owners and help them build effective marketing campaigns and develop creative ideas that achieve results! We want a career-oriented person willing to work hard and build great relationships in the business community.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Connect with local businesses (clients) for the purpose of helping them with their marketing needs through the use of broadcast and digital advertising, including the production of commercials for our stations and digital display ads for webcenterfairbanks.com as well as extended digital products.
· Seek out new business opportunities.
· Develop presentations, proposals, and campaigns, including creative ideas for production (both video and digital display ads.)
· Quarterback execution of campaign with all departments as necessary (sales, promotion, news, creative services.)
· Develop a working knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic, Media Sales, and Matrix.
· Utilize resources from Gray Training, AdMall and TVB.
· Handle all paperwork/forms needed to execute campaign – ordering, coordinating, and ensuring it runs as negotiated.
· Maintain good client relations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience in marketing and digital sales a plus but KTVF-TV will train.
· Creativity, self-motivated, and enthusiastic personalities are required.
· Must be over 18 years of age.
· Driver’s license and vehicle required. · All candidates must also have strong written and oral communications skills, be proficient and comfortable with computers (Microsoft office), be able to make decisions without supervision and work both independently and as part of a team.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references.
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KTVF-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications