Youth & Adolescent Mentor
Full Job Description
Local Area Applicants only
Due to State of AK regulations, all applicants must be at least 21 years of age and successfully pass an AK Background Check.
Summary of Assigned Tasks: The Community Based Services Behavioral Health Aide will provide therapeutic rehabilitation services and work with children, adolescents, and their families in the home, school, and community. This position requires the use of your personal vehicle and vehicle insurance. Also required is the proficient use of the company’s Electronic Medical Records System. Newly hired employees will be subject to a review of their usage of this system after 60 days of employment.
1. High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree in psychology, social work, justice, guidance and counseling, sociology, education or other human service field preferred. Equivalent work and/or educational experience may be substituted on a year-by-year basis.
2. Two years of experience working with children who experience a mental health disability. (When substituting educational experience 30 college credits will be considered equal to one year of substitute experience).
3. Meets all licensing requirements as delineated by the Alaska Administrative Code 7 AAC 50.210 and AAC 50.220.
4. Interpersonal skills adequate to work effectively as a member of a treatment team.
5. Personal characteristics suitable to serve as a positive role model for students.
6. Current Alaska driver’s license, driving record and vehicle insurance.
7. Current first aid and CPR certificates and the physical ability to employ verbal and physical aggression control techniques after being certified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.26 - $16.19 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- AK Driver's License (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place