Teacher Aid FT (Day Care Setting)
Full Job Description
Family Centered Services of Alaska has an immediate opening for our Smart Start Learning Center Day Care Program!
Position: Teacher Aid for our Day Care Program
Full Time Regular
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Summary of Assigned Task: The Teacher Aid position is an entry level position to help assist with daily program items, greeting parents and children, weekly lesson plans, implementing and participating in activities with the children, and continually maintaining a safe clean healthy learning environment for the children in care.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
High school diploma or GED.
Must be of good character and reputation, have an understanding of the development of children and the ability to care for children, and the skill to work with children, family members, department staff, community agencies and staff of the child care facility.
Be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Maintain infant/child CPR and First Aid. FCSA provides this training if not already certified.
Potential employees must undergo a background check, some college preferred which shows that their record is free from criminal convictions, which in judgement for FCSA, would adversely affect their ability to work safely around children.
Please provide your contact number on your resume so can reach you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.30 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Due to the Licensing regulations for the State of AK, all employees hired for this position must be at least 18 years old. Do you meet the age requirement?
- Are you available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Adult CPR First Aid Card Certification (Preferred)
- Infant & Toddler CPR First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place