Reports to: Residential Aide Coordinator
This position functions as a part of the clinical team in a culturally sensitive consumer residential treatment facility in the provision of rehabilitation services to consumers who are experiencing emotional and behavioral complications and addictive disorders.
- Provides guidance, crisis intervention, motivational counseling and ensures program policy and the procedure is followed.
- Adheres to the Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Dependent upon educational background may be required to complete training and certification as a Residential Childcare Worker.
- Completes documentation in accordance with established standards, and incident reports and other data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with new consumer orientation to the treatment program.
- Receives incoming calls, takes and delivers accurate messages while maintaining consumer confidentiality during shifts with no clerical coverage.
- Facilitates non-clinical activities to include educational, cultural, recreational, and social activities.
- May conduct crisis counseling, motivational counseling, and instructional groups within their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Conducts room and person searches as instructed as needed.
- Collects urinalysis specimens as assigned as needed.
- Transports and supervises consumers on activities, field trips, and recreational outings and appointments following vehicle operation and safety procedures as needed.
- Remains on premises during an 8-hour shift to provide coverage.
- Cleans up dishes, pots and pans, and work areas after meals, and may, if needed prepare meals when the Cook is not on duty.
- Attends staff meetings, training, and in-service meetings.
- Maintains CPR/First Aid and Respect training on a yearly basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Familiarity with policies and procedures.
- Ability to report to work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and practices.
- Understanding and sensitivity to diverse cultures and lifestyles, as well as cross-cultural communication styles.
- Skill in the operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of computer software.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative and respectful working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and consumers.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Alaska Drivers License
- For company insurance purposes, must be 25 years of age
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Current food handling card or ability to obtain certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience)
- Associate’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience providing direct consumer care culturally diverse consumers experiencing emotional and behavioral difficulties preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 25 lbs. The majority of work is performed in an office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. The office is a non-smoking facility with outside smoking areas. Requires local travel between various program components of FNA which may involve exposure to extreme weather conditions. Works in an environment where protection of consumer confidentiality is essential. Personal Protective Equipment will be provided where/when needed.
Position receives direct supervision from Residential Aide Coordinator; however, incumbent is expected to effectively perform day-to-day activity as denoted within job description. Work will be monitored through weekly meetings, monthly reports, and regular communication with the Director. General guidelines for operations are based on program requirements and the general policies and procedures of FNA.
This position will require you to frequently (or incidentally) drive a FNA-owned vehicle. Per FNA’s automotive insurance policy, in order to drive a FNA-owned vehicle, an individual must be at least 21 years of age. In order to drive a FNA-owned vehicle with consumers in the vehicle, an individual must be at least 25 years of age. Consumers may only be transported in FNA-owned vehicles and may not be transported by an employee in a personal vehicle.
No supervision requirements for this position.
Impact at the program level is high. Program’s level of compliance with program standards is directly affected by the effective performance of duties, especially as they relate to providing services to divisions and programs.
Contacts include, and not limited to, volunteers, organizational staff, consumers, and outside resource agencies.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job; and management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, job-related duties. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation for a disability.
This position will (or may) require you to frequently (or incidentally) drive your personal vehicle for FNA business. In order to drive your personal vehicle for FNA business an individual must provide a copy of their current Alaska Driver’s License and a copy of their proof of personal liability insurance. No employee may transport a FNA consumer in a personal vehicle.
Continued employment status will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation and the pre-employment drug testing process. Where required, continued employment status (post job offer) will be contingent upon employee providing certification of annual tuberculosis (TB) screening and medical certification that employee does not, because of infectious or communicable disease, pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of program participants or others in the workplace.
Notice: All employment at the Fairbanks Native Association (FNA) is “at will.” This means the employee or FNA may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no duration of employment is expressed or implied for this position. Your signature indicates that you have read this Job Description and understand the essential functions of and qualifications for the job.