Addictions Counselor I
Full Job Description
Job Posting Title IRC38561
Job Title Addictions Counselor I
Organization Name Health Services
Job Summary: Job incumbent will provide direct services to individuals and families involved in substance abuse/addictions. Services include, but are not limited to, screening/assessment, individual and group counseling, outreach, continued care, follow-up and referrals. Incumbent will also engage in development and implementation of prevention/education presentations and activities both locally and in village communities.
Adhere to the TCC Ch'eghwtsen' model of service and guiding principle which requires providing timely and effective service along with the ability to interact with others in a way that inspires trust and demonstrates respect, compassion and empathy.
Essential Functions: This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbent(s).
Representative Duties: Under the direct supervision of the BH Clinical Supervisor, job incumbent:
1. Provides client services including individual and group counseling, screening and assessment, relapse prevention, continuing care, discharge planning, and follow-up.
2. Provides interagency coordination including working with schools, the court system, and other local entities.
3. Maintains client records and documentation standards as outlined in TCC policy.
4. Reviews treatment plans and monitors client progress in reaching treatment objectives.
5. Organizes/participates in community outreach regarding behavioral health services, addictions education, relapse prevention, and other relevant topics.
6. Provides structured education programs regarding substance abuse/addictions.
7. Provide treatment specific to minors and adolescents who are direct victims of physical and/or sexual abuse and/or have witnessed violent crimes.
8. Participates in quality management.
9. Participates in program development as needed.
10. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent.
2. At least two years' experience in Alcohol/Substance abuse field.
3. Must be drug/alcohol free for two years.
4. Knows DSM and ASAM criteria, medical/legal aspects of alcohol and other drugs.
5. Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
6. Must pass background check pursuant to Alaska DHSS and federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
7. Provide services with Ch'eghwsten', meaning service come from a place of love, compassion, and understanding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
8. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
9. Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Knowledge and tolerance for individual differences and ability to listen and respond on a professional level.
11. Must be sensitive to cultural differences, maintains ethical standards, seeks supervisory review and guidance, participate in required continued learning opportunities.
12. Ability to cooperate and work with other agencies and court system.
Supervision: This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Physical Demands: Job incumbent must be able to travel for training purposes and monthly staff meetings. Incumbent must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds. Job incumbent must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a busy and sometimes stressful environment.
Summation: This is a grant funded position. The job has high contact with people, which makes communication and interpersonal skills important. Ability to maintain confidentiality is very important to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place