Alaska In-State Political Field Organizer
Black Diamond Outreach is seeking Field Organizers to assist and support in coordinating and executing political outreach in Alaska on behalf of the OneALASKA Campaign. OneALASKA is a diverse coalition whose leaders represent organized labor, business and Alaska Native corporations, outdoor recreation, small businesses, non-partisan political leaders and more. OneALASKA opposes ballot measure #1, an initiative that creates a massive oil tax increase on the state’s largest economic driver; putting jobs, Alaska’s economy, and future at risk. Alaskan Field Organizers track and record all conversations, voter identifications, survey questions as well as assist with other campaign duties such as yard sign distribution and events.
$15/hour, non-exempt; Part-time or Full-time; Eligible for overtime and bonus. Pay is bi-weekly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn and adequately deliver important information about ballot measure #1 to voters.
- Follow daily crew assignment developed by Field Directors or Project Manager.
- Gather complete and accurate contact information and demographic data for each contact.
- Report true and accurate organizing results after every shift.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Clock in and out for every shift.
- Maintain organizing materials as required.
- Always dress in accordance with the Dress Code AND the weather (see Environment).
- On occasion, an invitation may be extended to work on special projects (remote canvass trips) that require overnight travel. Selection for these projects is highly competitive.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with the public clearly, professionally, and enthusiastically.
- Ability to adequately operate a smart device touchscreen tablet/phone or similar technology.
- Respectfully engage with the public concerning ballot measure #1.
- Knowledge of public policy, political candidates, political issues, and the legislative process is preferred but not required.
- Bi-Lingual is a plus!
- 15% Events/ Marketing, 25% Field Time, 60% Phone time.
- Ability to walk outside for up to 6 hours per shift, 4-5 miles per day.
- Ability to carry all canvassing equipment and materials while walking outside.
- Ability to dress in the appropriate clothing and shoes to meet all physical demands.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions mid-June through November.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Canvassing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fairbanks, AK (Required)