The Fundraiser is a contract position responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and implementing fundraising strategies and programs for Green Star of Interior Alaska. The Fundraiser will coordinate with the Management Team and the Board of Directors to develop fundraising goals and solicit funds to meet these goals.
Pay: Flat fee. Negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Initial Fundraising Goal: $125,000 per year
TO APPLY: Send your proposal and resume to email@example.com. Please respond by 11:59 pm on Monday, September 6, 2021.
- Develop knowledge of Green Star’s mission, vision, values, and programs.
- Comply with all state and federal laws relating to fundraising.
- Research and write grants and other funding proposals and submit them to existing and new grantors, corporate sponsors, and donors.
- Stay abreast of developments and trends in local recycling efforts and green business practices.
- Represent Green Star’s interests in a professional manner within our community.
- Maintain current and develop new fundraising strategies
- Expand existing donor network with individuals, businesses, and community organizations
- Maintain effective communications with prospective donors and supporters
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Coordinate fundraising special events
- Communicate regularly with the Program & Outreach Coordinator, Management Team, and Board of Directors.
- Provide a monthly report to the board and attend up to six board meetings per year either in-person or virtually.
- Proven success in fundraising, including grant writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with/for local or regional organizations, preferably non-profits
- Working knowledge of donor/volunteer management software such as Bloomerang