Clinician - Cohen Military Family Clinic
At Alaska Behavioral Health (AKBH) our mission is to promote recovery and wellness by providing consumer-driven behavioral healthcare services. We are excited to expand our services with the creation of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at AKBH. This clinic will provide evidence-based interventions to military veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their family members. The Clinician will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure coordinated care. They will receive state-of-the-art training; clinical supervision; and support to provide the most effective, scientifically supported, evidence-based treatments available for to children, youth, adults, and families. We engage clinicians in continuous professional development to improve their clinical practice, learn new treatments, and achieve excellent patient outcomes.
- Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology; or a Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with adults, children, couples, and families required.
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment are required.
- Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred.
- Clinicians should expect to work some evenings and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the clients being served.
Compensation includes a base salary range of $65,000 to $85,000 per year plus an annual performance-based incentive program. Benefits include:
- Medical insurance for employee and children
- 401(k) with up to a 5% employer match
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Three weeks Paid Time Off the first year going to six weeks in the second year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Relocation assistance and/or signing bonuses may be available
AKBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants may apply online at https://alaskabehavioralhealth.org or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.