Bargain Shop Manager
Bargain Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Branch Director
This position supports the work of the Armed Services YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the military community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Bargain Shop Manager executes day-to-day store operations including but not limited to sorting, stocking and retail sale operations, directing volunteers and supervising one store clerk at the ASYMCA Bargain Shop.
1. Oversees store social media presence and other public relations initiatives.
2. Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service to store patrons.
3. Oversees and executes sorting of items received through donation.
4. Oversees and executes hanging, folding and preparing items for display.
5. Helps customers find specifically requested items as needed.
6. Solicits and provides direction to store volunteers.
7. Conducts cash and credit card sale transactions; handles and counts money.
8. Devises/plans/executes store displays and improvements.
9. Coordinates facility maintenance issues with Branch Director and responding craftsmen.
10. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
11. Meets annually established financial goals.
12. Performs other duties as assigned to aid in delivering quality programs and services to service members and their families.
Volunteerism: Engages volunteers and promotes social responsibility at all levels of the organization.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data and sound judgement.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
1. Possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Possess solid organization and planning skills.
3. Must be able to function in various work environments to include but not limited to, administrative areas, retail store floor and sorting areas.
4. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work assignments with minimal guidance.
5. Must be able to build and lead teams.
6. Basic cash handling and cash register experience is highly desired.
7. Experience with military lifestyles/military community is preferred.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
9. Work experience with a non-profit organization is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
2. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
3. May occasionally be expected to work at special events outside normal working hours
4. Must be able to work some weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour