Marketing & Fundraising Assistant
This position is served best by a dynamic, outgoing, flexible employee, who serves as direct support for the Chief Executive Officer. In conjunction with the Executive Director, provides duties that help generate new revenue for the Breast Cancer Detection Center (BCDC) programs in order to fulfill the mission of the Center. These duties include marketing BCDC services and breast cancer awareness both at events, and on social media. Planning, volunteer coordination and sponsorship generation for our fundraisers. Bringing creativity and ideas to the CEO for future fundraising. Relationship building with potential donors to bring in new funding.
1. Provides administrative support by handling information requests, conducting research, preparing statistical reports, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, media events, presentations for the director.
2. In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, helps to execute the approved marketing plan for BCDC to meet its goals.
3. Assist with photography, graphic design and layout of all BCDC publications, including but not limited to a monthly newsletter, promotional flyers, live commercials for Radio and TV and advertisements both locally and at villages served by BCDC as approved by the CEO. Coordinates the production of media with outside sources as needed.
4. Assists in generating revenue and advertising from the website as approved by the CEO.
5. Assists in increasing active membership and volunteer database. Maintain these relationships through proper correspondence i.e. thank you letters, emails, FaceBook, twitter, pictures in newspaper, website and other media venues as approved by the CEO.
6. Provides support in the purchase of materials necessary for health fairs, events and office supplies. Maintains an inventory of items in supply.
7. Provides support for community events benefitting BCDC and local health fairs requesting our attendance by attending and coordinating volunteers to work the events.
8. Maintains an updated Media Directory with appropriate e-mail, fax, and phone numbers for all media outlets and coordinates advertising and media for the director.
9. At the direction of the CEO, works closely with remote clinic points of contact to advertise through Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) and website in order to increase attendance during BCDC mobile visits.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
11. Obtains the approval of the CEO for all marketing.
12. Other duties as assigned to include providing administrative support to medical staff only as assigned by the director.
IMPORTANT: This is not a supervisory position, nor does it lend itself to speaking for the director or serving as a representative in lieu of the director at any time. All decisions, to include purchases will be made at the direction and approval of the CEO.
This position is temporary for 6 months.
Includes but is not limited to a networked computer, printer, facsimile, photocopier, multi-line phone, credit card machine.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
All work is to be done at the BCDC office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires sitting for extended periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files. Often carries supplies up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, copier, facsimile machine and other office equipment as necessary. Visual acuity to read computerized documents and paper files. Hearing within or corrected to normal range for telephone and in person contacts. Interaction with the public on phone and in person is constant and interruptive. Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle for off-site activities. Work may be stressful at times. Weekend and evening work will be required at times.
1. Experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, and public relations.
2. PC computer experience to include Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, as well as Adobe Creative Suite applications and In-Design.
3. Knowledge and experience in membership recruitment/retention and event planning.
4. Skill in organization, initiative, problem-solving and decision making; written and verbal communication; gathering and reporting information; interpersonal communication and customer service at the request and direction of the ED; making and maintaining positive business contacts.
5. Ability to speak clearly and concisely; read, understand and follow oral and written instructions; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with BCDC members, staff and the public.
6. Valid Alaska driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to facilitate work away from BCDC’s usual place of business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
We have medical COVID protocols in place that are mandatory for all to follow
- Marketing and Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply