This position supports the work of the Armed Services YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the military community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Marketing Director provides support for on-going organizational marketing and works toward achieving strategic and long term branch marketing goals. Assists the Executive Director in positioning the ASYMCA as a “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community through execution of a strategic marketing plan.
1. Executes communication plans to insure members, participants and the community understand the case for support. Executes the organization’s marketing and communication plan; including but not limited to annual reports, newsletters, brochures, press releases, website maintenance and e-communications.
2. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
3. Develops and monitors social media presence and public relations initiatives.
4. Coordinates community tours of facilities, program activities and events.
5. Assists in ASYMCA fund raising activities and special events.
6. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of marketing, communications and financial support.
7. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
8. Staff or coordinate volunteers to man informational booths at resource fairs, newcomer orientation meetings, vendor fairs, etc.
9. Serves as photographer or recruits volunteers as necessary to ensure events and programs are documented.
10. Represents the organization as required by the Executive Director.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Advancing Our Mission and Cause: Provides visionary leadership to the organization and ensures that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community.
Collaboration: Creates sustainable relationships within the Y and with other organizations in service to the community. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data and sound judgement.
Communication and Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
Personal Growth: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. Two to four years related experience preferred.
3. Minimum age requirement applies; minimum age of 21.
4. Must be an organized self-starter who works well independently as well as on a team. In addition, must be customer service oriented with good phone, interpersonal and writing skills.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
6. Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe platforms is required. Experience using HubSpot, Hoot Suite, MailChimp and Qgiv is preferred.
7. Knowledge of graphic design, production process and social media platforms is required.
8. Experience with public relations and working with media outlets is preferred.
9. Must have experience with military lifestyles.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise marketing activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
2. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
3. Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
4. May occasionally be expected to work at special events outside normal working hours, including some weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible