Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator position at Interior Gas Utility (IGU) offers an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic candidate to make a significant impact on IGU's growth plan. Reporting to the Customer Service and Marketing Manager, this role combines the responsibilities of business development and marketing to ensure IGU effectively recruits new customers while maintaining our website and social media presence. There is an expectation of collaboration and self-motivation as this role is integral to achieving our goals as an organization.
The IGU was formed as a community answer to an energy crisis of high heating costs and poor air quality by building a natural gas utility to bring natural gas to the community at an affordable price. The natural gas utility was established in 2012 and is governed by a seven member Board of Directors.
The IGU’s mission is to provide low cost, clean burning natural gas to the largest number of people throughout the Fairbanks North Star Borough safely, economically, and as quickly as possible. The IGU seeks an individual who will focus on facilitating public and private partnerships and share in the passion and dedication of this community vision.
- Identify, research, and manage lists of companies and individuals for targeted outreach.
- Establish rapport and arrange meetings with potential clients.
- Conduct comprehensive market research, analysis, and due diligence to identify new prospects and markets, ensuring sales goals are met.
- Utilize a diverse range of techniques, including cold-calling, email campaigns, social media engagement, and networking events to generate business opportunities and referrals.
- Effectively introduce IGU's services to key decision-makers, securing buy-in and cultivating interest from prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers at all levels, consistently building credibility and trust.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other departments to facilitate the sales cycle and ensure a smooth customer on-boarding process.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of potential prospects, continuously researching organizations and individuals to identify new opportunities.
- Actively nurture relationships with existing IGU customers, promoting increased consumption and fostering customer loyalty.
- Prioritize, meticulously track, and report progress and updates by designated deadlines.
- Actively support special projects as assigned by management, contributing valuable insights and expertise to the planning and oversight of new marketing and sales initiatives.
- Take the lead in representing IGU at fairs, festivals, expos, and other community gatherings.
- Maintain and update website, social media, radio and print ads, etc.
- Create content for social media, mailings, campaigns, and inter-departmental needs.
- Market strategically through updates, campaigns, education, etc.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Marketing Manager to map out communication needs, create campaigns, plan seasonal events and creatively engage with our community.
- Marketing degree or 2 years of proven, professional experience.
- Skilled in Adobe suite and/or Canva.
- History of sales, customer service, and/or community outreach experience.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations.
- Consistent achievement of year over year quota attainment in new revenue.
- Possess high energy and a strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic & positive attitude via phone and in person.
- Ability to prioritize and utilize time management.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Basic understanding of LNG, boiler systems, right-of-way, and utility easements a plus.
Physical Requirements and Hazards:
- The employee must frequently sit and stand; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Passing a background check and driving record review is required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include “Business Development and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
IGU intends to recruit, employ, and retain the most qualified workforce possible. The IGU is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, changes in marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, age, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.