Northern Alaska Tour Company is an Alaskan-owned tour operator based in Fairbanks, Alaska. The Company was founded in 1986 to provide unparalleled travel and touring experiences in Alaska's Arctic for guests while maintaining the highest standards of safety and commitment to traditional culture and the environment.
Northern Alaska Tour Company is an organization passionately committed to ensuring that each and every guest is provided with a high-quality travel experience in Alaska's Arctic. This experience begins from the moment they make an inquiry call to their return shuttle when the tour experience is over.
Guest Services coworkers are primarily responsible for coordinating all activities associated with guest departures from and returns to Fairbanks. This includes preparing materials such as snack coolers, guide boxes etc. needed by the guides on the road. It also involves greeting guests as they arrive, checking them in for their various tours, making any certificate corrections and setting appropriate expectations. Guest Services gives a thorough briefing at the start of each tour, using soulful honesty to prepare everyone for the realities they will encounter during their experience, and addressing any questions, concerns or trepidations guests may have. The start of a tour is a time when many things are happening simultaneously, and an ability to maintain calm under such conditions is definitely an asset.
Guest Services coworkers will often shuttle people to or from our Northern Alaska Tour Company headquarters in 15 passenger vans. Also, Guest Services takes primary responsibility for the essential task of keeping our terminal and restrooms tidy, clean and sanitary.
NATC has an open office environment, so coworkers have the pleasure of constant interaction with each other – we pride ourselves in professional, respectful communication combined with a deep level of caring. Guest Services coworkers are especially active in maintaining open communications with guides, Reservations and other parts of the NATC family.
- All Guest Service candidates must be 19 years of age.
- Candidates must have a good driving record.
- Guest Service candidates must possess the ability to successfully complete Northern Alaska Tour Company's Professional Vehicle Operator Training Program. These coworkers must be able to operate 15 passenger vans.
- Northern Alaska Tour Company is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace. All successful applicants are subject to a mandated pre-employment drug test. After employment, successful applicants are subject to random, reasonable cause, and post-incident drug tests.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are required to apply online through our recruiting website: northernalaskajobs.com
Housing and transportation to/from work can be provided for qualified applicants that are coming from outside of the Fairbanks Area. This is considered part of a coworkers compensation package.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good first job for new college grads
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply