Front Desk Clerk
Position Summary: Accommodate hotel guests by providing exceptional guest service and information upon arrival, during occupancy, and upon departure from the hotel.
- Greet and welcome guests
- Assign guest rooms and issue room keys
- Check guests in and out of rooms
- Update and maintain accuracy of data in hotel operating system
- Manage cash drawer and handle cash, checks and credit card payments
- Make and confirm reservations via telephone and in person
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, activities, etc.
- Arrange transportation
- Answer and route incoming calls on phone system
- Collect and distribute messages for guests
- Communicate with other hotel departments and shifts as need to meet guest’s needs and maintain smooth operation of hotel functions
- Balance revenue at the end of the shift
- Secure guest’s valuables in the hotel safe
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- 6 months previous customer service experience required (hotel/hospitality specific preferred)
- Previous computer experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience, to include balancing cash drawer preferred
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as data entry, managing documents and records, and other office procedures and technology
- Strong conversational English language skills; ability to speak clearly and understand what is being said by others
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing for long periods of time, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for an office/hotel environment with or without correction.
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Confidentiality – maintaining strict privacy of information, documents, etc.
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE A/B Shift = $13.00 per hour to start; C Shift = $13.50 per hour to start SHIFT Various Shifts HOURS • A Shift = 6:00 am to 2:30 pm• B Shift = 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm• C Shift= 10:00pm to 6:30am UNIFORM • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt AGE 16+ D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.