Medical Laboratory Assistant
Immediate position available for a Medical Laboratory Assistant.
In this position the Medical Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for providing phlebotomy services for the laboratory as well as nursing staff, processing a variety of specimens as well as clerical tasks for the laboratory and other tasks as assigned.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and exceptional problem-solving skills are key to being successful in this position. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs. Phlebotomy experience is highly preferred as well as knowledge of medical terminology.
** Moderately complex lab no blood bank or microbiology
- Provide clerical support for laboratory staff-process incoming/outgoing lab reports, maintain filing system.
- Collect blood specimens from patients/evaluate specimens received to determine suitability for testing
- Process specimens into laboratory for all sections of laboratory including the send out specimens.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and quality control on all instruments
- Perform a full range of clinical and laboratory tests/examinations under the supervision of the Lead Tech/Designee
- Assists with new employee orientation as instructed/assigned.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
This is a full-time position; clinic is open 7 days a week 7am-7pm. Can work 4’10’s. Pay starting at $22-$35/HR depending on experience.
Applicants never pay fees when applying with or working for TDL StaffingBegin your application online at www.tdlstaffing.comCall our office for further information or with questions at 907-455-8300EOE
- Must be proficient with EMR software
- Current Vaccinations required
- ASCP Certification preferred
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Background will be viewed
- Drug free environment