Emergency Department (ED) Technician Educator
This position enhances professional practice through planning, developing and conducting education, as well as competency training for Emerg Dept tech staff. This position also works in conjunction with Emerg Dept RN Educator, FHP Central Education, and HR with the onboarding of Emerg Dept Techs. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and provides guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. Facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals. This position will also perform the essential functions of an Emergency Dept Tech III as defined by the department.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
40 hours per week with flexibility to work occasional nights
- Ensures seamless orientation of new and/or transferring Emergency Department Technician staff with oversight and influence of the orientation experience. Supports and develops staff including leads, new graduates and experienced Emerg Dept Techs while functioning as a role model for proficient clinical practice, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth and advanced skills.
- Develops, implements, and continuously supports the department’s “Grow Our Own” workforce planning and development strategy. Supports the staff development strategy to achieve workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice, and to maintain appropriate staffing levels within the department.
- Critically assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, developmental programs and services. Facilitates learning utilizing multiple modalities.
- Coordinates and facilitates annual competencies. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies. Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Collaborates as part of department leadership team to provide educational opportunities that satisfy performance goals and objectives and enhance quality management activities. Explores innovation and embraces and utilizes technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals.
- Establishes visibility and credibility as a leader and participates on assigned committees and teams. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership.
- Take an active role in all department quality control/assurance (QC/QA) activities. Assists department management with implementation of new QC/QA policies and continuous quality improvement programs in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Perform the essential functions of a Emergency Dept Tech III as defined by the department.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current EMT-II license or higher required. BLS certification required.
Requires the knowledge normally demonstrated with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience.
FHP sponsored Phlebotomy & Electrocardiography (EKG), ACLS, PALS, & Preceptor certification within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
FHP sponsored CISIM or AVADE Instructor training required within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
ACLS and/or PALS certification preferred.
CISIM and/or AVADE Instructor training complete preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.