Direct Service Professional
Are you interested in working as a home health care provider for disabled adults or elder Alaskans? Access Alaska's Fairbanks office is seeking reliable caregivers for full and part time positions in Fairbanks, North Pole, and the surrounding areas.
- Do you consider yourself passionate, competent, and committed?
- Are you interested in serving your community by performing meaningful work?
- Do you have experience working with elders, veterans, or individuals who experience disabilities?
We are hiring for our consumer controlled in-home, personal care service. Our mission is provide services to individuals who need care while promoting independence by empowering them to direct the provision of their care. Are you ready to join our team?
Duties vary but may include assistance with the following tasks:
*Bathing *Light Housework *Medication Reminders *Shopping *Dressing *Body Mobility *Laundry *Range of Motion *Meal Preparation *Wound Care *Personal Hygiene *Tube Feeding *Toileting
Applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid CPR/First Aid certification (or have plans to obtain one once classes are made available again).
Flexible schedules- Room to Grow- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
Now offering COVID Hazard Pay--an additional $2 per hour
Contact us today! Call 907-479-7940 and ask for the hiring manager!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Reporting changes in the health or status of the client
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required