No experience necessary -willing to train.
A Fairbanks assisted living facility is looking for a compassionate Personal Care assistant to join their team of caregivers in assisting clients with various day to day living activities.
Good communication, organization, and the ability to work with and understand the needs of the client are essential to this role.
Previous care-giving experience or PCA certification is a plus but not required -Willing to train
Desired qualities in a Personal Care Assistant are patience, empathy, and strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must have the physical ability to perform job-related duties, which may require lifting, standing, bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing and pulling.
Must maintain confidentiality in relation to all clients, healthcare staff and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assists individuals in dressing, bathing, and completing any grooming, hygiene task, depending on the individual’s needs.
- Assist with dressing and undressing clients
- Ensure that individuals take their prescribed medications
- Assist with feeding and serving residents as needed
- Assist with turning and positioning residents
- Keep residents’ room clean and supplied
- Assist individuals with various household tasks including make & changing bed/cooking/cleaning/laundry etc.
- Charting paper notes
- Measures and records vital signs/weights and immediately report any changes in client’s condition or incidents to the Resident Manager
- Other duties as needed
This is a full-time position 5 days a week with pay starting at $17-$20/HR depending on experience.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Current TB or PPd test
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with dress code
- Background will be viewed
- Drug free environment
Applicants never pay fees when applying with or working for TDL Staffing
Begin your application online at www.tdlstaffing.com
Call our office for further information or with questions at 907-455-8300