Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Staff Coordinator and/or Provider, prepares patients for clinical encounters to include basic patient screening and collection of health history.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Graduation from Nurses Aide Program preferred
One-year recent experience in direct customer service. Current Alaska Nurse Aide Certification preferred. Cultural competence in working with diverse populations required. Current certification in BLS.
- Report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Remain at work for their entire work schedule.
- Greets and rooms patients and provides appropriate information at end of visit.
- Assists in pre-visit preparation by pulling patient pre-visit information for daily team huddles.
- Takes vital signs for provider (e.g. height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, etc.) according to protocol.
- Enters patient data into electronic health record and/or paper chart.
- Reviews patient record according to protocol to assess/assure provider has information (e.g. lab, health history within last year, x-ray results, PHQ, other health screening questionnaires) to prepare patient for clinical visit.
- Obtains and enters screening questionnaires including PHQ, etc. per protocol.
- Ensures appropriate progress paperwork is completed (agency, physical exam, questionnaire, etc.) and available for provider.
- Schedules and coordinates referral appointments for patients in your provider panel.
- Tracks outstanding referrals and diagnostic (imaging and labs) orders.
- Enters in and tracks patient recalls (mammograms, hypertension, diabetes, flu vaccine, normal paps, etc.).
- Sends result letters to patients according to protocol.
- Identifies and immediately reports abnormal vital signs to provider.
- Sets up for clinical procedures (e.g. pap, toe nail removals, etc.) according to protocol.
- Schedules patient appointments in clinic at provider request.
- Cleans rooms between patients.
- Terminally cleans and restocks exam rooms at end of day.
- Performs CLIA waived lab tests for provider according to protocol and within scope of practice.
- Assists CSSII/III as needed.
- Completes and processes health center forms (Breast & Cervical Health Check) according to protocol.
- Uses specialized office and basic medical equipment according to manufacture instructions and clinic protocols.
- Integrates work with other staff to ensure timely and accurate patient flow.
- Participates in meetings.
- Complies with center’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Current computer skills.
Knowledge of common outpatient documentation.
Knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.)
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure.
Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member