ensures comprehensive primary patient care by performing patient pre-visit planning, conducting daily team huddles, and other patient care including patient tracking, recall and follow-up.
Certificate or Associates degree in Medical Assisting; Bachelor’s degree in social services; or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field.
One year recent experience in an office setting. Proficient with computers. One year recent experience as Medical Assistant or Care Coordinator preferred.
- Enters patient health data into the practice management and electronic health records systems.
- Initiates and maintains a tracking system for pre-visit planning and enters recalls for specified patient populations.
- Initiates and documents follow-up and education for patients to improve adherence with their plan of care.
- Identifies and resolves patient barriers to receipt of care.
- Runs team huddles to review pre-visit planning for populations of focus.
- Coordinates care with health and social service organizations to obtain information, access to needed resources, appointments for ongoing care and to manage interagency transitions.
- Collaborates with health and social service and other community agencies.
- Generates reports from the center’s electronic data system.
- Integrates work to ensure timely and accurate patient flow.
- Participates in the center’s team meeting and Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Complies with center’s policies and procedures.
- Operates specialized office and basic medical equipment according to manufacture instructions and clinical protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Competence in working with racially and ethnically diverse populations.
Technically proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Thorough knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.