$$65,457.60 + DOE and Excellent Benefits
Are you hungry to provide value and pursue growth and improvement to Fairbanks?
Our client: A local government facility in Fairbanks would like to add a Planner to their dynamic team! This role will implement the Comprehensive Plan by administering the Zoning Code, special studies,
and providing information to the general public concerning land use.
Would you like to:
- Review and authorize zoning permits, flood plain permits and base flood elevations and certificates to determine compliance with the zoning, subdivision, and other ordinances. Advise the public of other applicable laws and regulations; refer to appropriate agency, as needed.
- Perform field inspections, investigations and technical review of land use and development requests, conditional uses, zoning variances, rezones, etc.
- Gather and analyze data, consult the public and other agencies, prepare staff reports and formulate department recommendations regarding land use and development requests; including oral presentations at Planning Commission, Borough Assembly, and other public meetings.
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in planning (urban, regional, transportation), engineering, geography or closely related field and two years of professional experience in land use planning or enforcement. A graduate degree in planning, engineering, geography or closely-related field of study may be substituted for one year of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate and concise reports and to present data in an effective manner, both orally and in writing.
Making it worth your while:
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Enjoy a work/life balance
- Opportunities for training and personal growth
- Dynamic and professional environment
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self