Flood Plain Administrator
$65,457.60 + DOE and Excellent Benefits
Are you hungry to provide value and pursue growth and improvement to a dynamic organization?
Our client: A local government facility in Fairbanks is looking to add to their dynamic team, seeking a Flood Plain Administrator to administer the Flood Plain Management Program for the borough.
Would you like to:
Ideally you have:
- Administer the Flood Plain Management Program. Advise on technical aspects of flood plain management planning.
- Maintain/update a post-disaster flood response program satisfying state requirements and FEMA guidelines, including a substantial damage determination process, post-disaster permitting process, repetitive loss analysis, documentation of flood elevations, etc.
- Create and implement a formal flood plain management public awareness and outreach plan. Maintain and update floodplain information on the organization's website. Provide the public with technical interpretations of zoning, land use, flood zone, comprehensive plan, subdivision, and related codes.
Making it worth your while:
- Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, hydrology, geography or closely related field and two years of experience in flood plain management planning. A graduate degree in planning or a closely-related field of study may be substituted for one year of the experience requirement.
- Have (or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire) and maintain ASFM "Certified Flood Plain Manager" certification.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, evaluate and implement plans, studies and statistical data and to present facts and conclusions clearly and effectively in oral, written and graphic form.
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Enjoy a work/life balance
- Opportunities for training and personal growth
- Dynamic and professional environment
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self
To apply please visit https://akexec.catsone.com/careers/29739-General/jobs/14795923-Flood-Plain-Administrator/