Seasonal Restaurant Supervisor
Position Summary: Train, supervise, support and participate in all front-of-the-house restaurant functions. Reports to the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Set positive and professional example for other employees regarding appearance, enthusiasm, attitude, attendance and performance
- Assist with planning and managing employee work requirements
- Assist with creating and managing employee work schedules
- Supervise employees assuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Provide training and coaching regarding attendance, performance and behavior standards
- Assist employees with problem solving and customer relations
- Be familiar with menu items and beverage options
- Direct and assist with dining room set-up, break-down and general cleaning
- Operate and train others to operate the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Perform supervisory duties related to the POS and guest service
- Communicate with other hotel employees and managers as needed to meet guest’s needs and maintain smooth operation of hotel functions
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people, and hotel and guest property
- Perform Dining Room Host, Busser, Cafe/Barista, Server and Bartender duties as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Alaska Alcohol Server Training required
- Alaska Food Worker Card required
- Server and Bartender experience required
- 2 years customer service experience preferred (hotel/hospitality specific is a plus)
- 2 years Food & Beverage supervisory experience preferred
- 2 years POS computer experience preferred
- 2 years cash handling experience, to include balancing cash drawer preferred
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform with sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate restaurant equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touch pad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a restaurant environment with or without correction.
- Problem Solving – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose and implement the best solution
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Confidentiality – maintaining strict privacy of information, documents, etc.
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE $16.00 per hour SHIFT Various Shifts HOURS Varies depending on hotel occupancy and workload; generally will include evenings and weekends. UNIFORM Business professional attire AGE 21 D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.