Position Summary: Prepare, season and cook food to order and provide direction to prep cooks and dishwashers if needed.
- Prepare buffet and/or made to order meals and entrees in a fast paced environment to include, but not limited to, eggs, meat, fish, and vegetable and starch side dishes
- Cut, trim and bone meat
- Bake, roast, broil and steam meat, fish, vegetables, and desserts
- Assist with preparation of soups, sauces, puddings and breads
- Cook menu items according to employer recipes
- Arrange food on plates for appetizing presentation, as directed by Chef and/or Food & Beverage Manager
- Receive product shipments, as directed
- Rotate and stock new product in appropriate places
- Lock and/or unlock walk-in freezers as needed to open and close shifts
- Turn on and/or off ovens and steamers as needed to open and close shifts
- Assist with cleaning food preparation areas, facilities and equipment
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Alaska Food Worker Card required
- Broiler, grill and sauteè experience preferred
- Two years of culinary experience and/or education preferred
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Intermediate English speaking skills; able to clearly communicate with others and to listen to, understand and follow instructions
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to listen to and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to work effectively with kitchen team and Front of House (FOH) team
- Able to stay calm and productive under pressure
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to perform with sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate kitchen equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination, to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a kitchen environment with or without correction.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Problem Solving – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose and implement the best solution
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE SHIFT Various Shifts HOURS Various, may include weekends UNIFORM • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided white cook shirt AGE 18 D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.