Summary SMG, the leader in privately managed public facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Food & Beverage at the Carlson Center. This position will direct and coordinate the entire food and beverage operation in the SMG-managed Carlson Center, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Markets food and beverage services to clients and establishes food and beverage controls.
- Creates food and beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates
- Oversees food and beverage operations during events to ensure client satisfaction
- Creates menu plans and proposals for events
- Maintains cost and quality control standards
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
- Oversees the inventory process of all food, equipment, smallware, assets of the food and beverage department
- Meet deadlines for reports and/or projects required by General Manager, Regional Manager, and/or Corporate Headquarters
- Follow cash handling policies and procedures, as well as other SMG, Savor and building specific policies and procedures
- Hire, train, manage, coach, discipline and hold all F&B employees accountable for their responsibilities
- Regularly communicate with General Manager and other department managers and directors as needed.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other building managers, directors, employees, arena tenants, promoters, artists and the public.
- Knowledge of first aid and safety procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, cross train and learn new skills quickly
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a management level position
- Catering management experience preferred
- Experience in a multi-purpose entertainment facility preferred
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
- Ability to coordinate and schedule staff
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is necessary
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to travel
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly expected to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed. Ability to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting at least 50 lbs., carrying, moving, climbing (includes ladders), and moderate to loud noises.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.