Dining Room Host
Position Summary: Greet, welcome and seat guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure dining room is tidy and set completely prior to opening
- Greet, welcome and seat guests
- Be familiar with, and describe menu items and specials
- Take accurate reservations via phone and in person
- Operate Point of Sale system
- Perform side duties as assigned
- Assist Servers and Bussers as needed
- Have excellent communication with all staff, management and guests
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Alaska Food Worker Card required
- Alaska Alcohol Server Training preferred (21+)
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Strong conversational English language skills required; ability to speak clearly and understand what is being said by others
- Strong oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to perform with sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate restaurant equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touch pad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a restaurant environment with or without correction.
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE $12.00 per hour SHIFT Various Shifts HOURS Varying morning, afternoon and/or evening hours to include weekends UNIFORM • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt AGE 16 D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.