Position Summary: Serve food and beverages to guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Set up, maintain, and break down catering events
- Smile and be friendly and professional with guests
- Be familiar with, and able to answer questions about menu/buffet items
- Serve food at buffet or tableside
- Clear plates, glasses, silverware, etc. from tables
- Complete side work, including refilling salt & pepper shakers, prepping napkins, glasses and silverware, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Alaska Food Worker Card
- Alaska Alcohol Server Training (21+)
- 6 months serving experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Strong oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing for long periods of time, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate restaurant equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a restaurant/banquet room environment with or without correction.
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME On-Call EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE $10.34 per hour plus gratuities SHIFT Various Shifts HOURS Varying morning, afternoon and/or evening hours to include weekends UNIFORM • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt AGE 16+ for Breakfast service, 21+ for Lunch and Dinner service D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.