Position Summary: Greet and welcome guests. Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Take food orders and serve.
- Greet and welcome guests, smile and be friendly and professional
- Assist guests with beverage pairings and selections
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages following standard recipes
- Be familiar with menus
- Operate Point of Sale system
- Manage cash drawer and handle cash and credit card payments
- Balance revenue at the end of the shift
- Complete side work, stocking and cleaning of work area
- Lift and move heavy objects (i.e. kegs)
- Bus and reset bar area and seating
- Maintaining organization of the liquor room, beer cage and other bar areas
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- 6 months bartending and serving experience
- Alaska Alcohol Server Training
- Alaska Food worker Card
- Working knowledge of beer, wine and liquors
- Cash handling and balancing experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 60 lbs.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to perform with sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull: to operate restaurant equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touch pad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a restaurant/lounge environment with or without correction.
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance – accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE $15.00 per hour SHIFT Evenings HOURS Varying afternoon and/or evening hours to include weekends UNIFORM • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt AGE 21 D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.