Alaska Waste has an immediate opening for a Container Repair Welder in Fairbanks, AK. This is a full-time Mon-Fri position, 8am - 5pm. In this position you will doing welding and maintaining containers and equipment. You will also be driving and operating various vehicles in order to perform road calls and providing support to the maintenance department. 1 year of welding experience or completion of a welding certification program is required.
Please do not stop by or call our local office. Apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
- All welding and painting duties performed on containers, canisters and equipment used at Alaska Waste facilities.
- Compactor & Baler installations, possible electrical work and trouble shooting.
- Wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) related to task being performed as well as using all required safety equipment and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed repairs and/or tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Available to help mechanics in maintenance shop as required.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- One year of welding experience or completion of a welding technical program required
- Satisfactory driving record
- Class B CDL (preferred, but not required)
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation