We're hiring a Service Specialist to join our busy and growing team in Fairbanks!
This is generally Monday - Friday 8am-5pm, with flexibility for occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed. Age 21+.
Position Summary: Initiate equipment services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested. Maintain a positive customer rapport. Develop estimates, write repair orders, verify warranty and service contract coverage, file warranty claims, and maintain warranty and other records.
• Ascertain equipment problems and services by listening to and clarifying customer's description of symptoms, checking vehicle maintenance records and examining service schedules
• Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records
• Explain warranty provisions and exclusions
• Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor
• Calculate customer's payment including deductibles
• Prepare repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required, obtaining approval signatures and entering RO into a service database system
• Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of equipment, obtaining customer's approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, and responding to questions and concerns
• Maintain maintenance records by recording problems and corrective actions planned
• Complete weekly Work in Progress reporting in coordinating with manager
• Update job knowledge by reading manufacturers' publications
• Coordinate service will-call with parts staff
• Operate equipment
• Assist the service shop with work-flow
• Assist with parts research
• Assist retail and rental customers as needed
• Assist with receiving of parts and equipment as needed
• Assist with showroom organization and cleanliness as needed
• Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
• Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to management
• All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• Valid Alaska driver’s license
• A driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards
• Experience operating equipment preferred
• Experience in a service environment preferred
• Able to learn, understand and use computer software and hardware, including proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision; identifying what needs to be done and following through without instruction
• Able to listen to, read, understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions provided in English
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management and co-workers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
• Able to understand and correctly interpret customer requests and technician recommendations
• Able to make accurate and legible notes and calculations
• Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for both an office/sales environment and an outdoor environment with or without correction.
• Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
• Integrity – being honest and ethical
• Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
• Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
• Stress Tolerance – accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
If you're interested in working for a great local company, we'd love to hear from you!