Position Summary: Performs duties required to maintain the grounds at all properties.
- Prepare, plant and maintain flowerbeds
- Water lawns, shrubs, hanging baskets and flowerbeds
- Rake and bag leaves
- Use power push and riding lawn mowers to maintain lawns
- Trim and edge walkways, flowerbeds and walls using clippers, weed cutters and edging tools
- Pick up and dispose of litter
- Sweep walkways
- Work effectively with all members of the crew
- Answer inquiries about flowers and plants, as well as hotel services and directions
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License may be required for some positions
- Driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards may be required for some positions
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in general grounds care
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, not interrupting, and asking questions as appropriate
- Able to lift 60 lbs.
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing and descending stairs and ladders; to operate landscaping equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for an outdoor environment with or without correction.
- Attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
LOCATION Wedgewood Resort FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt WAGE $13.00 per hour to start SHIFT Days HOURS Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. May include weekends and overtime. UNIFORM • Employer provided shirt and work gloves• Pants appropriate and safe for the job• Full closed-toe and closed-heel, slip resistant shoes appropriate and safe for the job AGE 16+, 21+ if driving D&A STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.