Electrician - Maintenance Specialist
What you will be doing
Under direction of the Building Maintenance Foreman, you will install, maintain and repair electrical systems and components, analyzes system performance and recommend areas of improvement.
Who we are looking for:
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the applicant with the core competencies of:
- Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Arithmetic/Mathematical Reasoning: Performs computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly; solves practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical techniques such as formulas and percentages.
- Writing: Recognizes or uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical material, that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Computer Skills: Uses computers, software applications, databases, and automated systems to accomplish work.
- A fingerprint based criminal background check
- Possess a State of Alaska Certificate of Electrical Fitness, Journeyman card
- Ability to obtain and retain a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License
Vacancies in this job class are filled through Union referral, except for promotions, demotions, transfers, and emergency appointments.
This job class is part of a series of competency-based class specifications created for career areas within the Labor, Trades, and Crafts Unit. The class specification identifies the levels of work and wage grades within the career area, the core and specific competencies of the career area, required work behaviors, certifications, and physical requirements. The competency specification for this job class is available at: http://doa.alaska.gov/dop/fileadmin/Classification/pdf/LTC_Specs/MAINTENANCESPECIALIST.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Please visit Workplace Alaska to Apply